This week we have decided to do a non location related post and thought we would add a few more personal posts to the mix! We have a tradition in the office of having a bake off which everyone loves so we thought we would share a few of our favourite receipes.
These cookies are amazing! I found this receipe in YOU Magazine at the beginning of the year and now make them on a weekly basis! My kids, my husband and the girls in the office all LOVE them so they are well worth making! The added bonus is that they do not contain any refined sugar, wheat or dairy!
Makes about 15 cookies. I normally double the ingredients and freeze the other half so they last longer!
125 g buckwheat flour
25 g cacao powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
120 g dark chocolate (70% or 85% cocoa solids. I use 1 of each)
150 g coconut sugar
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
80 g dried cranberries
Shelled hemp or linseed seeds to sprinkle on top
1. Combine the buckwheat flour, cacao, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix throughly. Set aside.
2. Put the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and sit it above a pan of simmering water without letting the bottom of the bowl touch the water. Allow it to melt, stirring occasionally.
3. In a food processor, blend the coconut sugar with the coconut oil. Add the eggs one by one, then add the vanilla extract and finally the melted chocolate. Mix until just combinend.
4. Add the chocolate mix to the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula. Then fold in the dried cranberries and mix until combined.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°/Gas 4 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
6. Place the mixture in the fridge for 20 minutes to cool down. Once the dough has cooled a little, you are ready to bake.
7. Drop tablespoons of the sticky chocolate mix on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 5 cm (2in) between the cookies, then sprinkle with seeds.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5-8 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. The cookies will feel soft when they first come out of the oven but will firm up when they cool down.
9. Once cooled, the cookies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Enjoy! They are delicious!