June recipe: Raw Caramel Oat Cookies
For June we have gone for a sweet treat and have chosen a great healthy snack recipe from Donna Hay. These little balls of joy are a great snack to reach for when you need a quick pick me up without feeling guilty. There is no cooking involved as the cookies are raw and they are really enjoyable and super easy to make so give them a go!
- 1/3 cup (55g) sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup (55g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats – we used gluten free oats
- 12 soft fresh dates (240g) pitted
- 1/2 cup (125g) cashew, almond or peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Finely crushed pistachios, freeze dried raspberries or cacao nibs for sprinkling
INSTRUCTIONS – Makes 20
- Line a large tray with non stick baking paper. Place the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, oats, dates, cashew butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a food processor and process until a rough dough forms. *We found we had to put in more peanut butter to get the right consistency for the dough.
- Roll 1 tablespoon portions of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Place on the tray, sprinkle with pistachios, freeze dried raspberries or cacao nibs and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week – if they last that long!
Styled by Claire Morgan.